Tuesday 9 July 2013

Paris

Paris was awesome!! The people as always are so gracious and lovely, I am always so sad when I have to leave. 

Japan Expo was really great, as always -- it is like they get the best parts of Japan and omit the boring and dull parts, therefore it is a better version of Japan, ha ha.. I have to say I went 2 years ago, and this year was so well organized, it was really impressive, Julia from Yuzu was a saint!

Thank you so so so so much to Laetitia (you are a champion!), Najib, Lea, Mickael, Margaux, Morgane from Dejima,  Arielle, Ali and Bianca from my awesome publishers Prestel -- it was great to meet you in Paris!  Caro, Bei and Eimi from Sweet Streets and especially the incredible Julia from Yuzu, the Naruko kokeshi museum and my awesome mum. Thank you for your support for everything, I am SO SO SO SO indebted to you and you are always welcome to a bed and tour guide services wherever I am, or at the family house in Japan.

We had a charity booth with purchase-and-paint for charity kokeshi for ten EU as well as kokeshi from the craftsmen of Tohoku. We sold everything cept for 3 kokeshi (which I was quite happy to buy) meaning we sold everything! The last kokeshi sold at 6 pm on Sunday -- I was feeling a bit sorry for it standing there on its own at the booth, so we were super relieved it found a happy home (it was actually one of the nicer ones)   Yay! Every cent made at the event goes to KATARIBA (proceeds flying back with my mum as I'm typing this)

We actually felt quite emotional after the event, everyone was so supportive and lovely. 
 I have a ridiculous amount of photos coming up xxx

Florian, the French translator, Julia from Yuzu
(some pix from JE)