Friday 18 April 2014

LA


LA was super hectic, but met so many people it was really quite incredible and managed to squeeze in some work for my kimono book too and meet some LA kawaii peeps.
Thank you so much to Aaron, Gabriel and Dory from SCB, Greg Kimura and Elizabeth from the Japanese American Museum, Yoko from the Japan Foundation, Sherry from Kinokuniya and all the people who bought books and came to my talk.
Everyone was super super friendly at the talk which was SO nice! I can't thank you enough for coming to the talk and buying books,  I am so so so so soooo  grateful!

Got a mega vitamin D dose at the LA TImes book fair, LA weather lived up to its reputation. I have never done a US book fair so it was nice to see that print is far from dead.

So many people asked about my kimono - it is from Denim Dosu in Kyoto, I can wear it with converse, throw it in the wash, iron it, it is made from premium denim and it folds well -- i.e. it is easy to put on. It has pink stitching. The han eri (collar) is pink and stitched with birds, it is from Wakitsch. I am in the middle of compiling a stack of interesting designers for my next book if you want to see more:
http://kimononow.blogspot.jp/

I think as many people wanted to talk about kimono as the books! :) Some photos at the Japan Foundation pop up exhibition (my suitcase was like a BRICK) and the book fair: