Thursday 28 August 2014

kimono now

Been in the book making vortex, out with a new one on contemporary kimono culture --  a few of the stars from my kawaii book will make an appearance too,  I LOVE kimonos, especially yukata, casual cotton kimonos for summer, we had a one on the Kawaii cover too.  I'll post more later, closer to when it is ready.

My happy snaps (Kurebayashi and Kaoru in Masaru Inoue yukata)

....and I just did an entire book on kawaii, interviewed Sanrio JP, and went to Puroland with the reps,  (who OK-ed my article where I describe Kitty as a "feline") and I've been covering Japanese design and pop culture for over a decade for magazines -- this is truly the first time I have heard that Hello Kitty is NOT A CAT. I swear people in Japan have NO IDEA HK is not a cat. WTF! I give up!!!